Direct responsibility for the development and implimentation of diverse Communications and Engagement plan, in line with partner priorities.
Job Title Head of Media and Communications (HMC)
Reporting To: Director (DI)
Direct reports- Media and Communications Officer (MCO)
Hours of work- 40 hours per week
Salary- Between £25,000 to £35,000 per annum, dependant on experience.
Head Office- Mill Farm Sports Village, Coronation Way, Wesham PR4 3JZ
Date: 25th February 2019.
Name of employer- AFC Fylde Community Foundation
Company Number- 09411676
Registered Charity number- 1163911
The AFC Fylde Community Foundation is a forward thinking and fast moving community trust which works in partnership with AFC Fylde Football Club, based in Kirkham, Lancashire. The Foundation currently delivers a number of flagship community development programmes, which aim to motivate, educate and activate our community.
The AFC Fylde Community Foundation recognises the quality of work carried out by its committed delivery team, who work tirelessly throughout Fylde in order to engage with those who are most disengaged and disadvantaged within our community. These interventions provide quality outcomes in often challenging circumstances.
Recognising the quality of The Foundation’s outcomes, which are supported by a wide and diverse range of funding partners, The AFC Fylde Community Foundation is looking to appoint a committed Head of Media and Communications who will be directly responsible for developing and implementing The Foundations media and communications plan.
The suitable post holder will possess extensive experience in the communications field, will also possess strong connections in the following media and communication disciplines;
Local press and media
Local commercial Radio
Regional radio partners
Local editorial magazines
Regional and local online placement, including social media
In addition to managing the above continued media engagement, the post holder will be required to act creatively and work with a wide and diverse range of partners, in order to create develop and promote key messages.
The post holder must be able to think outside of the box in order to maximise engagement with media partners.
The post holder will possess the skillset and ability to create an annual communications plan and agree Key Performance Indicators with the Director of The Foundation. All Key Performance Indicators will align closely with the organisation’s business plan. The post holder will be required to execute, update, review, and report against this agreed plan.
• High standard of written English.
• Educated to a degree level (2:1 or higher), preferably in a related subject.
Desirable additional qualifications-
• Chartered Institute of Public Relations/Chartered Institute of Marketing or other relevant industry qualifications.
Applicants can request an application pack by either emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 07739796101
Closing date- Monday 18th March 2019 at 17:00.
The main responsibilities of the HMC are as follows;
• Work diligently in order to maximise media placement opportunities, following the developed media and engagement plan. Working with partners to ensure programme outcomes and brand placement is achieved in a successful manner at all times.
• Ensure ongoing management and development of the direct report Media and Communications Officer. Such on-going development will include the co-ordinating of quarterly appraisals and mentoring of the post holder to maximise productivity. This will include the sourcing of training opportunities to support continued development of the direct report.
• Work diligently in order to create a minimum of one key media and engagement event per month, which will work strategically to engage and create long lasting media legacies, showcasing the impact of our day to day work, in a clear and targeted manner.
• Take responsibility for the development of a range of innovative, integrated and targeted campaigns. To engage with, print, broadcast and digital media partners in order to spread key messages to appropriate target audiences.
• Successfully manage and co-ordinate quarterly media engagement events, which will take place on both AFC Fylde match days and throughout the season. These events will work alongside AFC Fylde Football club to promote The Foundation and its partners in a positive light at all times.
• The post holder will be required to work alternate AFC Fylde home match days, in order to utilise the wider brand of AFC Fylde to promote key strategic outcomes.
• Ensure that accurate and up to date cuttings and engagement logs are maintained, reporting back to all Foundation partners on the impact of engagement outcomes created.
• Work strategically to identify and engage with a range of additional stakeholders to maximise wider engagement in key messages identified within the Communications Plan, created by the post holder.
From time to time the HMC will be expected to complete duties outside of their normal day to day duties, these will be as instructed by the Director.
The post holder will have:
- excellent interpersonal skills
- excellent networking skills
- excellent eye for detail
- a willingness to learn and develop new skills in relation to monitoring and evaluation
This person will be:
- a quick learner
- able to multi task
- hard working
- a team player
The post holder will be expected to:
- act with honesty and integrity at all times
- demonstrate high standards of personal conduct
- value and respect colleagues and other members of staff
- work with others to develop and improve our services
- take personal responsibility for their words and actions and the quality of service they deliver
Register to apply for this vacancy…
Already registered? Sign in.