Exeter City Football Club are looking to recruit an experienced Club Secretary. We are a supporter owned club through the Exeter City Supporters' Trust and under Trust ownership Exeter City has gone from strength to strength. In recent months The Club has completed a number of developments both internally and externally here at St James Park and we have positive changes taking place throughout the Club including this exciting opportunity. We are looking for candidates who are well organised with excellent I.T. and administration skills. The successful candidate will need to be an effective communicator both verbal and written, ensuring confidentiality and integrity at all times. Having the capability to multi task, work under pressure and manage your own workload to ensure deadlines are met is essential. This role will be based at St James Park and Cliff Hill Training Ground and will require a hardworking, enthusiastic and flexible work approach due to the need for evening and weekend work as per The Club’s fixtures.
The main purpose of this role:
To oversee and be accountable for the logistics for all teams at Exeter City Football Club, in particular the First Team. To be the principal point of contact between the Football Authorities and Exeter City Football Club. To support the Club Board as Board Secretary advising them where necessary and ensuring compliance with all statutory legislation, memorandums, articles of association and the Club Trust Agreement. Provide support for the Chair of the Board with any preparation and arrangements and take minutes at appropriate meetings.
Some of the Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Preparation and correct completion of Player Contracts, Transfer and Compensations
• Ensure all FA and EFL requirements are met.
• Management of fixture lists for the First Team, Reserve Team and U23’s Team.
• Liaise with Academy, FA and EFL on all aspects of football administration.
• Ensure all club bonus and appearance figures for all First Team Players are accurately recorded and maintained and submitted.
• Organise transport, accommodation and meals for all players where appropriate.
• Be responsible for all teams’ pre-match preparation to include liaison with Kit Person
regarding kit colours and the relevant Safety Officer, Team Manager, Match Officials and
• Completion of post-match documentation in line with the First Team Manger's wishes
• Attend and represent The Club at all appropriate FA/EFL meetings
• Respond to all requests sent to the club re playing/coaching staff for appearances etc.
• Management of the FA whereabouts system
• Act as the Safeguarding lead throughout the Club.
• Be responsible for the Health and Safety at Cliff Hill Training Ground.
• Organise and coordinate Board meetings, Board away days and member training.
• Ensure compliance with corporate governance, company reporting obligations.
• Ensure all Club Insurance policies are up to date.
For a full job description please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Register to apply for this vacancy…
Already registered? Sign in.